- The RIMC Entrance Examination will be held on December 3rd, 2022, at the designated locations across the nation for admission of Boys and Girls to Class 8th for the July 2023 term (Saturday). The following subjects will be examined by the candidates.
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Maximum Marks|
|1.||English Written Paper||125|
|2.||Mathematics Written Paper||200|
|3.||General Knowledge Written Paper||75|
|4.||Viva-Voce||50 (Only for candidates who qualify in the written exam)|
- Educational Qualification: At the time of admission to the RIMC, i.e. on July 1, 2023, the candidate must either be enrolled in class eighth or have completed class seventh from any recognized school.
- Age Criteria: Eligible applicants for admission to the RIMC, Dehradun, include both boys and girls. The candidate must fall between the age range of 11.5 to 13 as of July 1, 2023, which means they cannot have been born earlier than July 2, 2010, or later than January 1, 2012. The applicants should be aware that the college authorities will not accept any requests to modify the date of birth they originally provided.
Schedule of Examination:
- Written Examination: The exam will be held on December 3, 2022 (Saturday), in accordance with the following schedule:-
|(a)||Mathematics||09:30 to 11:00 Hrs||Candidate may answer in Hindi or English|
|(b)||General Knowledge||12:00 to 13:00 Hrs||Candidate may answer in Hindi or English|
|(c)||English||14:30 to 16:30 Hrs||Candidate may answer in Hindi or English|
- Viva-Voce: Only those candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to the viva-voce. After receiving permission from HQ ARTRAC, the list will be sent by the RIMC to the relevant State Governments. The date for the viva-voce (which is largely used to assess candidates’ intelligence, personalities, and communication skills) will be announced later.
- The test and viva for the dependents of Central Government employees may be taken in either the location of the employee’s posting or their original domicile state; nevertheless, the eligibility of the dependents will be determined by the original domicile state. Therefore, it is necessary for such candidates to deposit their applications in the state where the exam will be conducted.
- Result: The results will be posted on the RIMC website, which is www.rimc.gov.in. It is the responsibility of the candidates to often check the website for latest status updates. All candidates who are selected must join RIMC within 10 days of receiving the joining instructions. Joining Instructions will be sent to Email ID as mentioned in the Application Form by the candidates.
Procedure to Obtain Application Forms:
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Pin – 248003, is where the Prospectus-cum-Application Form and Booklet of Old Question Papers can be obtained through the following methods:-
- Online Payment: On the RIMC website, www.rimc.gov.in, you can purchase the Prospectus-cum-Application Form and Booklet of Old Question Papers by making an online payment of Rs600 for General Candidates and Rs555 for SC/ST Candidates (on receipt of the payment, the Prospectus-cum-Application Form and Booklet of Old Question Papers will be dispatched by Speed Post Only).
- By Sending Demand Draft: You can obtain the Prospectus-cum-Application Form and Booklet of Old Question Papers by sending a written request along with a demand draft for Rs. 600 for General Candidates and Rs. 555 for SC/ST Candidates, along with a copy of their caste certificate, to “THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, DRAWEE BRANCH, STATE BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN, (BANK CODE-01576), UTTARAKHAND. The address must be entered or written in clearly CAPITAL LETTERS along with the Pin Code and contact information. Illegible or incomplete addresses may create postal delays or prospectus losses for which RIMC will NOT be responsible, but the postal department, is to blame for the delay.
- The Application Form issued by RIMC only shall be valid. Application Form locally printed/photocopied and without RIMC Hologram (seal) shall not be accepted.
- No refund of the application fee will be done under any condition.
You can watch The full notification of pdf format RIMC Application form