Sainik School Overview
Sainik Schools are boys’ residential schools that offer public school education with a military emphasis. The Sainik School in India are financed by both federal and state funds and is connected with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in New Delhi.
In 1961, a scheme to construct Sainik Schools was started with the primary goal of intellectually, physically, and mentally preparing students for admission to the National Defence Academy.
Sainik Schools aim is to provide quality education to students of the rural population, as well as to develop traits of health, intellect, and spirit that would help young boys to become decent and valuable citizens, as well as to serve as a supplier to the National Defence Academy.
But getting into sainik schools isn’t very easy. You need to be equipped with every tool in order to do so. That’s why best sainik school coaching is important. DMS is a pioneer when it comes to preparing students for the Sainik school exams.
Best Sainik Schools in India
A total of about 33 Sainik Schools are established all around the country. The All India Public Schools Conference includes Sainik Schools. They are associated with the CBSE in New Delhi and offer a common curriculum. While fostering a wholesome personality in the boys in order to prepare them for the NDA, the schools also prepare them for the CBSE class X and XII exams as well as the UPSC exam for the NDA.
Even though English is not a requirement for admission, it is used as the medium of teaching. Only the Science stream is given because these schools prepare guys for NDA in the 12th stage.
Students are encouraged to develop creative capabilities through co-curricular activities and socially valuable activity in addition to academic brilliance. They are methodically introduced to all main games and are required to participate in NCC training until they reach class 11th. Adventure activities are a necessary aspect of the training process. Each school has a large amount of infrastructure and land to meet the needs of comprehensive training, ensuring that boys are raised in a safe atmosphere.
Read More About Military School in India
Sainik School in India Eligibility Criteria
For Class 6, an entrance exam consists of Maths, GK, Language, and Intelligence. For Class 9th, an entrance exam consists of Maths, Intelligence, English, General Science, and Social Studies, followed by an interview and a medical exam.
Boys in classes 6th and 9th are admitted based on their performance in the Entrance Test and an Interview, whereas boys in Class 11th are admitted based on their performance in the 10th Board exams. In all 33 Sainik Schools, female candidates are now eligible for admission to Class 6.
Class 6th Exam Subjects
|General Knowledge (Science & SST)||50|
Class 9th Exam Subjects
Sainik School in India Age Limit
- Students applying for admission to Class 6th should be between the ages of 10 and 12 as of March 31 of the year in which admission is desired.
- Boys seeking entry to Class 9th should be between the age of 13 to 15 years as of March 31 of the year in which admission is requested. Girls are not permitted to enroll in Class 9th.
Sainik School Admission Process
Boys in classes 6 and 9th are admitted based on their performance in the Entrance Test and an Interview, whereas boys in Class 9th are admitted based on their performance in the Class 10 Board exams. In all 33 Sainik Schools, female candidates are now eligible for admission to Class 6th.
Every year in the month of October, the prospectus and application form are accessible from the specific institution where the student wishes to enroll.
Sainik School Reservation Policy
- Candidates from the state/UT where the Sainik School is located are eligible for 67% of the seats.
- Candidates from other states and union territories are eligible for 33% of the seats.
- Seats will be reserved on the following lines within each Category of Home State/UT and Other States/UT quota:
- According to the government list, 15% of the seats are allocated for the Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for the Scheduled Tribe (ST), and 27% for the Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer (OBC-NCL).
25% of the seats in the Home State/ UT and Other States/ UT quotas are designated for the wards of military personnel and ex-servicemen.
Seats will be allocated in each category based on merit in the “Other States/ UT” quota, with a maximum of 25% of vacancies in each category for any State or Union Territory.
In each Sainik School’s Class 6, girls are given 10% of the total vacancies or 10 spots, whichever is more.
Documents required for Sainik School Admission
- Two or more Passport-sized photographs
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school
- Application with the student to accept scholarship amount along with the last year income statement of their parents.
- An affidavit administered by DM, stating that the boy has not received any scholarship or financial assistance from any governmental organization.
- Marksheets copy during admission.
Sainik School Scholarships
- Cadets in Sainik Schools can apply for State Government scholarships based on their parent’s income.
- Scholarship portion is also provided by the central government at varied rates to those who receive scholarships from the state government.
- Under a new system, all boys in Sainik Schools receive a subsidy of around INR.14,000/- per year from the Ministry of Defense. Students are getting education for a very small amount of ffee in some schools where scholarship amounts are generous. Cases have been filed with state governments to increase scholarship amounts and income slabs if they are inadequate.
- The Ministry of Defence awards scholarships to children of serving military members and ex-servicemen admitted under the defence quota.
Why do you need coaching for Sainik School Admission?
Although you can crack Sainik School national level entrance exam on your own too, but it is going to be a hassle, and not as easy as you would think. A proper guidance is necessary, to ease your problems, keep you focused, and disciplined. That’s why a good coaching is necessary for Sainik School Admission.
DMS may be the finest option for individuals who want to prepare extensively for entrance in Sainik School. We have subject matter specialists, and we provide over 100 mock examinations, practice papers, and solved sample papers to complement your preparation. There are numerous reasons why you should join DMS for Sainik School admission preparation.
DMS has both online and offline classes available. As a result, regardless of your geographical location, you can register in our coaching and receive assistance from renowned professors.
- We have different options of offline coaching available to sainik school aspirants. From 3 months to 1 year, according to their preparation requirements. We have fantastic teachers in all three classes who respond to each student’s particular needs.
- We also supply our students with educational and housing facilities, which not many others does. If you join as a day-boarding student with us, you will benefit from a more conducive learning atmosphere. This can help you get rid of your temptations and get admitted into Sainik School.
- Equipped with ultra-modern infrastructure, including a dedicated library, computer labs, 24/7 wifi, sports field, infarmry, and more.
- Housemasters and security guards will help you feel at ease. They are responsible for your safety.
- We provide dedicated interview sessions. We contact military officials to offer you the best advice possible.
- We offer physical training specialists to help you get picked for the medical exam, which is a major element in RMS acceptance.
- We put your safety first because of the Covid-19 scenario on the planet. As a result, for students who are unable to attend DMS, Dehradun academy, we provide high-quality online classes.
- For our online classes, we offer active instructors who will keep you focused on your studies. They believe that if a teacher and a student have the same goal and are incredibly enthusiastic about it, distance does not matter.
- Regular examinations and assignments are used to monitor your progress on a weekly basis. This will also help you stay on track for a longer time.
- Our specialists will teach you chapter-by-chapter brief tactics and mental imagery that will help you prepare for Sainik School entrance.
We have committed staff who maintain in contact with Military schools such as RMS, RIMC, and Sainik Schools. As a result, they are informed in advance of all new developments. We will keep you up to date on all Sainik School admissions information as soon as possible.
DMS is also fully equipped with skilled instructors to provide you with the best Sainik School Admission preparation. You can also clear out your uncertainties by asking inquiries about various Math and other disciplines. Please contact us to clear any query whatsoever. Send us an email, or give us a call, and know all there is about Sainik Schools in India.